Sunday, May 9, 2010

QUEEN FOR A DAY!

Today was Mother’s Day...and what a wonderful Mother’s Day it was! It wasn’t because I was showered with gifts, because I wasn’t (although I did get a few), and it’s not because I was showered with praise and recognition, although I did receive a little of that, it was mostly because my family was all together (minus Patrick) and I felt truly loved! Rod also treated me like a queen and although I found myself trying to help with dinner and things around the house, Rod told me to sit and relax and just enjoy my day and he would take care of dinner...and he did!

Look at mom's flowers that we just planted!

These are the other flowers Rod gave me!

So what did we have for dinner? Well yesterday, as I was planting my flowers in my flower pots, which was my gift from Rod like it is every year (I’m easy huh?), Rod asked me what I wanted for dinner today. As much as I love to eat, I honestly couldn’t think of anything that sounded that wonderful, so I told him that I didn’t know and for that matter, didn’t really care either. He then nonchalantly asked me if I would like prime rib and lobster…and knowing that he was probably just joking, I told him that sounded great! So guess what we had for dinner? Prime rib and lobster with corn on the cob, baked potatoes and homemade cornbread! See why I said I felt like a queen?

Prime rib and lobster fit for a queen!

My boys all showed me just how much they loved me too. This morning as I sat in my bed typing in my journal, Connor came into my room with a shoebox in hand and a huge smile on his face. He was coming to deliver my Mother’s Day gift that he’d been working on for over a week now. It was the cutest gift ever! It had a messily hand folded boat taped to one end (just last night he asked me if I liked boats or flowers and then before I could answer he told me that boats were easier to make...so I picked boats), it had a square piece of purple paper taped to the side (he also asked me last night what my favorite color was...and it’s purple!), it had a full piece of paper taped to the other end with the words “Mom Happy Mothrs Day” written on it, and it had a decorated paper sack taped to the top of the box that contained part of my Mothers Day present. Inside the sack was a cute picture of Connor inside a handmade popsicle frame with magnets on the back to hang on my fridge! Of course, my new fridge is stainless steel, so magnets only stick on the sides, but I figured I would find a good place to hang it! Inside the box was a picture that he’d drawn of him and I and I was holding a flower. It was all so cute...and so “Connor”! I am so blessed!

Happy Mother's Day...do you want to see what it is?

Isn't this the cutest little fridge magnet...and boy too?

Not 10 minutes later, Hayden appeared in my doorway with a card in hand. It was my Mother’s Day gift from him and as he handed it to me, he apologized because it had gotten a little bent and wrinkled in the bottom of his backpack (and what wouldn’t?) but I didn’t care. Inside the card was written Mom, I love you because… and he’d added “your awesome and always help me. You are so awesome. Love Hayden.” Isn’t that so sweet? But that wasn’t all! Taped to the back of the card was a cute little notepad that had a copy of a picture the he’d made for me on every page. I can’t wait to use it! All I can say is that I LOVE BEING A MOM!Has anyone said "Happy Mother's Day!" yet?

As for my older boys, Jon joined us for dinner and brought with him some beautiful flowers that were just for me! Chris didn’t come until later because he had to take Jenny (his girlfriend) to the airport because she was headed home to Texas for the summer. When Chris showed up, we were just cleaning up dinner but we had saved plenty of food for him. He gave me a really sweet Mother’s Day card and between that and the flowers that Jon had given me, I really felt truly loved by all of my boys. I was sad that I didn’t get to hear from Patrick, but I’m sure it was because of the time difference between here and Korea.

The flowers that Jon gave me and the card that Chris gave me

I feel truly loved by all of my boys!

Anyway, I just want to wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all of the other MOM’s in my life! I hope your day was just as nice as mine was!

No comments:

Post a Comment