Friday, May 28, 2010

My Baby is Graduating...from Kindergarten!

Connor graduated from kindergarten today…and although I’ve been to a lot of graduations up until now with 3 boys graduating from both 6th grade and high school and 2 boys graduating from preschool and now from kindergarten…this was probably the graduation that made me the saddest! Why? Because my baby is now on the verge of going to school full time…and he’s no longer much of a baby! I feel like he’s just about to take his first big step into the real world and I don’t know if I’m ready for it!

The graduation march with Connor in the lead

Connor has made me incredibly proud this year when I look back on all that he has accomplished. I can vividly remember as he was being tested at his pre-kindergarten assessment and he barely knew about a 1/3 of the alphabet. When his teacher pointed to most of the letters in the alphabet, he would just shrug his shoulders and say “I have no idea what it is!”...and I just sat in the background cringing and thinking that I was an awful mom for not teaching him more! Then just this past week he finished reading almost the highest level of reading books that he could read in kindergarten and he reads almost as good as Hayden, who will be in 4th grade next year!

Connor with his teacher, Ms. Littlewood

Connor has learned a lot this year and has grown up so much and he has loved his sweet teacher Ms. Littlewood! I’m proud of him for all that he has accomplished, but I’m definitely going to miss having my “half day” buddy! Congratulations Connor...but remember, you’re still my baby no matter how big or old you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment