Friday, December 10, 2010

HARK the Herald Angels Sing!

Hayden decided this year that he wanted to be in his school choir and since singing is something that I love and I want my boys to love too…I was thrilled when he asked me if he could! I gladly let him join the choir even though it meant having to get him to the school every Wednesday morning by 7:45, which proved to be quite a chore. I thought if I had him ride with some of the other kids that were going, it would make it easier, and it did, but we still managed to forget almost every week…until we heard the doorbell ring every Wednesday morning and realized that it was his ride to choir…and he wasn’t ready! I have to take the blame for most of it, but he wasn’t much better at remembering either.
Despite our forgetfulness, he still made it to every practice and loved every minute of it. Of course, we never could get him to sing anything for us at home because he’d conveniently “forget” how the songs went. This month however, we finally got to hear him perform at their Christmas concert…and it was so much fun to hear him sing! The choir performed some really hard songs and the kids did a remarkable job! It was definitely worth the stress!Hayden and his friend Joey Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment