Monday, November 22, 2010

Fun in the LEAVES!

Every year when it comes time to rake up leaves, you can find me and whichever boys I can convince to come help me, raking them into HUGE piles! It’s a lot of work to rake them up, but even more work to gather them all up and put them into bags. I don’t know that I like that part so much, so I put it off as long as I can...and enjoy the leaves as much as possible in the meantime!
We usually make the boys a leaf house out of the leaves under the walnut tree, just like the leaf houses that I used to make when I was a little girl. The boys like that, but they really like it when we rake as many leaves as we possibly can into a pile at the bottom of the slippery slide...so they can slide down into them and disappear! That’s always lots of fun to watch! My favorite part though is taking pictures of the boys in the leaves, which I’m sure no one would have ever guessed. I started when Hayden was just a baby and I’ve done it every year since...and I’ll probably be doing it for as many years as they’ll continue to let me!

This year Hayden was a huge help raking the leaves and he even raked them up into designated piles…one for the slide, one for pictures and one for their leaf house! We never did get around to making the leaf house this year because the leaves fell later than usual because it was so unusually warm for so long and with the threat of snow, I wasn’t about to leave them on the ground to get wet. We also didn’t have as many leaves for pictures as we usually do because our neighbor decided to cut off most of the limbs on the trees that usually drop all the leaves. You’d think we would have been excited not to have as many leaves to rake, and I kind of was, but it made it harder to get good pictures...but we did our best!




No comments:

Post a Comment