Sunday, November 14, 2010

Announcement! Announcement! Announcement!

I know you’d never be able to tell from this picture…but Jon and Brittney are engaged!

Tonight Rod and I had to go to a youth devotional for Laurels Conference and AP Camp called “A Night To Remember” and so we invited Jon and Brittney to come “sit with the kids” while we were gone. We also invited them to dinner afterwards, so their “visit” wasn’t without a reward. What we didn’t know was that they were going to make their big announcement tonight!

Jon and Brittney showed up after Rod had left for his meeting and I was already at meetings, so neither of us saw them until we got home from our devotional. As soon as they got here, they told the little boys that they were going to get married and you know what their reaction was? Hayden just laughed! He didn’t believe them and no matter what they said, he was still pretty skeptical.

I guess Jon and Brittney must have told the boys not to say anything because normally with news like that, they would have spilled the beans as soon as we walked in the door. Instead, all during dinner, Hayden kept looking at Brittney and laughing. I thought it was a little strange but as long as Hayden wasn’t disrupting dinner or annoying us any more than he usually does, I didn’t feel inclined to ask questions. I guess I should have though!

Finally when we got done eating, Jon sat back and said “well, you know Brittney and I have been dating for a whole year now…” and then he went ahead and told us that they had decided to get married. I guess I should have expected it would happen sooner or later, but it definitely wasn’t something I was expecting tonight. We’re all excited though…and especially the two of them! They have set their date for March 18th and they’re going to get married in the Ogden Temple. I’ve always wanted a daughter and it looks like I’m finally going to get one!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!! How exciting for you guys, have fun planning the wedding.

    ReplyDelete