Sunday, February 14, 2010

You're invited...or let's go shopping!

This week was a week of celebrating, parties and shopping...and we kept ourselves pretty busy doing all three! And if I remembered, I had my camera with me snapping pictures so that we could remember all the highlights! It was a crazy week, but I think we all enjoyed it...but we’re also ready for a quieter week! Do you think we might be so lucky?

Throughout the week as I was partying with the boys at Connor’s 100 Day Party on Tuesday and Hayden’s Valentine Party on Thursday, I couldn’t help but think that there were so many other things I needed to be doing. However, whenever I felt like that, I would just remind myself that the only reason I quit work was so that I could spend more time with the boys...and what better way to spend time with them than by helping with their classroom parties? On the other hand, I’m sure that as I dragged the boys shopping with me to look at stuff for the kitchen remodel, they were definitely wishing that they could be doing anything else but shopping. In fact, on Saturday after a particularly long bout of shopping with Rod and I as we were looking at lighting for the kitchen, Hayden mentioned that he “hated shopping” and Rod had to agree with him. No sooner were those words out of their mouths than Connor piped up and said, “I’ve got you both beat dad and Hayden...I REALLY hate shopping!” I guess he had trumped them! As much as I normally like shopping, I was even tired of shopping that day!

On Tuesday, Connor’s class celebrated the 100th day of school by having their “100 Day Party”. They all brought 100 pieces of something edible to add to a 100 day salad that they were making for their treat. That was kind of interesting! It had cereal and chocolate chips and marshmallows and goldfish and crackers and skittles and M&M’s and Mike and Ikes (our contribution) and kisses and pretzels...to mention only a few things and it looked rather disgusting! The kids loved it though! They also made cowboy hats and bandannas with 100 dots on each. It was a way for those kindergartners to practice counting to 100, but none of them did it very well! One kid that I was helping count got to 20 and then every time we got to the next tens digit, he would say 90. Finally when we really did get to 90, I didn’t help him, thinking that he’d know the next number...and he said 30! I’m glad I didn’t have to help the entire class count to 100 or we might have been there all day!

Connor sporting his 100 day cowboy hat

On Thursday, Hayden’s class celebrated Valentines a day earlier than most of the other classes. Connor even had a Valentines party on Friday, but luckily I didn’t have to help with that one too. I was a CO-room mother for Hayden’s party, so I helped plan that party, which included a station where the kids played BINGO, a station where they played sculpture Pictionary, and a station where they decorated cookies...which were ultimately their treat! I went prepared to help wherever needed...but all I ended up doing was to take pictures! I couldn’t have asked for a better assignment! Connor even got to join us for Hayden’s party, so he actually got to go to 3 parties this week!

Doesn't my cookie look yummy?

Mmmmm! It really does taste yummy!

On Friday night, Paula and Pam were throwing a Surprise Party for their dad who was turning 75 years old that day. According to Pat, he’d never had an official birthday party in his entire life…so why not start at 75?! And with a surprise party at that? We did our best to surprise him, but he was so slow coming inside when he and Pat got home that I’m not even sure he heard us all yell “Surprise!” We scared Pat though...and she even knew we were doing it! It was fun to spend the evening with Rod’s family, even if it was for only a couple of hours!

We spent the majority of the day on Saturday shopping for kitchen things and Rod even found someone to do most of his demolition for him. Of course, it’s going to cost us money but I’d rather pay someone to do it than to have Rod hurt his back or something worse while doing it. We’ve even got someone to pull up the flooring, someone to do the plumbing and we’re working on someone to do the electrical. So much for “sweat equity”! The only thing that no one is going to help us with (that I’d really like help with) is taking down the wallpaper. That’s the one thing that I get to do, and it’s going to take a lot of work!

This past weekend, I ran in my first Winter Race circuit race and just like I knew it would be...it was a killer! It was only a 5K, but it was up behind Weber State University and it was mostly uphill! Despite how hard it was, I still beat my last year’s time by 9 whole seconds! Isn’t that cool? Our next race is next Saturday and it’s going to be equally hard...only this one is going to be a 10K! Wish me luck!

My and my crazy running buddies

Jon left on Friday night to head down to Disneyland with a few of his buddies. To say that the little boys and I were a little jealous would be an understatement, but we sure hope he has fun! At the very least, I hope he takes lots of pictures so we can enjoy it with him, albeit it vicariously!

Oh and one last thing…we hope you all have a

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! We did!

No comments:

Post a Comment