Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Belated Valentines Day!

What do you do with a full bag of Cherry JuJu Candy Hearts that you bought specifically to make Valentine cookies...and it’s now the day after Valentines? Make the cookies anyway! That’s what the little boys and I did last night and guess what? They still tasted as good as they would have if we would have made them a day or two earlier!

Yummy cookies!

I would like to say that we had a memorable time making our cookies, but if I did, that might be stretching the truth a little. Now keep in mind that yesterday was a holiday and the kids didn’t have to go to school, so I had spent the entire day with them trying to keep them entertained and happy. It wasn’t an easy task! If you were to ask Connor how well I did, he would probably tell you that I did great...but Hayden had a much harder day! One minute he loved me and thought I was the nicest mom ever, then the next minute I was “so mean” and he was having a horrible day! I have a hard time keeping him happy, but it’s not that I don’t try.

One juju heart for the cookie...one for me!

By the time we started to make our cookies last night, it felt like it had been a terribly long day already, but I had promised the boys that we would make cookies and they weren’t about to let me forget it! I let them help me mix up the dough and I let them help me cut them out, but I didn’t let them do nearly as much as they would have liked to. However, when we got to frosting the cookies I threw caution to the wind and I let the boys help me without too much supervision…and we all did our part. I frosted the cookies, Hayden “sprinkled” them and Connor added the candy juju heart and even though they may not have looked perfect (which is usually what I’m aiming for), they tasted great! Isn’t that all that matters anyway? Now if we can only make them last until tomorrow!

Working together

Our taste tester!

The best part about making cookies is eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment