Sunday, December 20, 2009

14 Years and Counting!

Rod and I on our wedding day
On December 16, 1995, only 14 short years ago, Rod and I were married...and our lives have been pure bliss ever since then! OK, maybe not pure bliss, but something close to it! We've definitely had our share of ups and downs over those 14 years, but the blessings we've received in that time have far outweighed the rough times. We've added 2 sweet boys to the mix, which brings our total to 5 boys (6 counting Rod)...and me! Patrick just returned from serving a year in Iraq, Chris is going to school at the University of Utah, Jon just returned from his mission in Brazil, Hayden just turned 8 and was baptized by Jon in September, and Connor just started kindergarten!

Our family in 1995

It's been a great 14 years and I'm grateful to have been able to celebrate our anniversary this past week! I can't say that we did anything spectacular, but if you were to ask Rod, he'd say that just being with him is a treat...and I'd have to agree!

Our family in 2009 - minus Patrick who was in Iraq at the time

With Christmas day less than a week away, we've had a very busy week, mostly consisting of lots of shopping, wrapping and delivering gifts, and making treats for some of our friends and neighbors! Somewhere in the midst of all that busy-ness though, we've still been able to enjoy the Christmas season. In fact, just on Wednesday night, the boys and I sat down and watched "The Polar Express" together and after we got done watching that, how could we not have the Christmas spirit? Connor and his kindergarten class even got to go on the Polar Express on Friday for their class Christmas party. Now everytime we hear a bell ring, we tell ourselves "I Believe" and we get all the more excited for Christmas!


The best part of Christmas though is remembering what we are truly celebrating...and that's not the part about getting gifts or even Santa Claus, although those are all things that make it fun...it's the birth of our Savior! Today at church, I was touched as our Relief Society president sang a beautiful rendition of the song "Jesus Once of Humble Birth", which reminded me that Jesus may have been born in the most humble of circumstances, but He is truly our King! It brought tears to my eyes...and I hoped that no one noticed! I just hope that everyone has a truly Merry Christmas...and remembers the true meaning of the season!

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment