Sunday, May 22, 2011

To RUN...or not to RUN?

Have I mentioned that I like to run? Well if I haven’t, it’s probably because I don’t really like it all that much. For some reason though, I keep subjecting myself to doing race after race and sometimes it feels like it’s pure torture! In fact, I just did something that I never thought I’d be able to do. I ran 2 marathons within 2 months...and I lived to tell about it! I did the Salt Lake Marathon on April 16th and the Ogden Marathon on May 21st. Now if I were to sign up to run another one in June, I could actually become a member of the “Marathon Maniacs”, but what would be the point? It’s not like you get anything out of it...except a t-shirt that says “Marathon Maniacs”...and you have to buy it yourself! So in a way, it’s just a way of bragging that you’re crazy!

Actually though, I really do feel like I’ve accomplished something really big for me! When I ran my first marathon just 3 years ago, I wasn’t so sure I would ever run another one (and wasn’t even sure why I was running that one to be honest!) but after running the Ogden marathon a few days ago, I’ve now run 7 marathons...and I am registered to run in the St. George marathon in October. I keep thinking that the more I run, the easier these marathons will get, but it’s not true! I think they actually have gotten harder...but I just keep doing it in hopes that that might change! I’ll let you know if it does! In the meantime, I’ll probably be running a few more!

This is after the Salt Lake Marathon - no one came to the race to take pictures, so I had to settle with what I could get when I got home!


There were too many people in front of Rod at the Ogden Marathon for him to get a good picture of me crossing the finish line, so he just lifted the camera up above his head and took a picture...and this is what he got! Interesting huh?


Jodee and I after we finished the Ogden Marathon - she finished about 5 minutes before I did! Way to go girl!


The boys and Rod are my greatest supporters! Hayden and Connor ran the KidsK after I finished my marathon and I was their greatest supporter - I even tried to run with them!


2 comments:

  1. I am glad that the posts are being updated!!! Not gonna lie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... It's time for a new post!!! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete