Thursday, March 17, 2011

Color My World!

Just recently I’ve decided that I need more color in my life so that’s what I’ve done, I’ve added more color to my life…in almost every room of my house! Quite honestly, I was sick of having white walls all through my house so I’ve slowly been adding one or two walls of color in each room.

Just a little less than a year ago when we remodeled the kitchen, I started my color transformation by painting the kitchen in a wonderful tan-ish, brown-ish color called Moose Mousse. Ironically two of my favorite things are Moose and Chocolate Mousse, so how could I go wrong with a color with that name? I was just lucky that that was the color that looked best in my kitchen. At the same time, after re-rocking my fireplace I painted a wall in the front room in Pine Needle green because it felt so “outdoor-ish” and as long as I was at it, I decided to paint a room in the family room the same color.

Moose Mousse Kitchen

Pine Needle Green Family and Front Room

Then just before Christmas, we decided to paint a couple of walls in Hayden’s new room in the most beautiful shade of blue…and I even let Hayden pick the color out all by himself. It was called Roadster Blue. It was a little darker than I would have chosen myself but I decided that since it was his room, he deserved to have any color he wanted (as long as it was something I agreed to). At that same time, we also re-painted Connor’s room in the original light shade of baby blue that I had chosen when Hayden was born and had made that room the baby’s room. Somehow though in the 9 years since we originally used that paint, it had turned a little yellow, so we’re still going to have to repaint that room again...but not right now!

Hayden's Roadster Blue Room

Connor's Blue Room

At the beginning of the year, I began a “deep cleaning” routine where I clean everything in a room including wiping down walls, cleaning and wiping down light fixtures and ceiling fans, cleaning out drawers (that takes forever), vacuuming under all furniture, and…painting! I started the deep cleaning routine in my bedroom and when I was all finished cleaning, it was time to pick out the paint. With Hayden’s help I picked out a rustic, cabin-ish color called Wagon Wheel brown and I painted the main wall in my bedroom. Rod thinks I’m turning Hayden into a “poof” by letting him help me choose paint colors, but someone has to give me an opinion and Rod just agrees with whatever I decide, which isn’t a bad thing but it’s not always what I’m looking for!

Wagon Wheel Brown Master Bedroom

Lastly, I just finished cleaning my master bathroom and painted a couple of walls in an incredible purple color called Gothic Amethyst. It sounds kind of dark and mysterious but it’s really a nice shade of purple. One of my very favorite purple colors is an eggplant color, which happens to be the color of my bathroom rugs and Gothic Amethyst went perfectly with them. If I didn’t add one more color to my house, I would be perfectly happy, but somehow I feel like I’ve just begun to make changes...and I kind of like this new, more colorful me!

Gothic Amethyst Bathroom

P.S. I just made another addition to my colorful life...my guest bathroom! I painted it in a light blue color and added white accents. I love it almost as much as my purple bathroom...but not quite!


No comments:

Post a Comment