Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Love SPRING!

I think spring is finally on its way...and oh how exciting that is! Of course, it’s not coming nearly fast enough for me, but I guess that’s part of living in Utah! Something about the warm weather, the birds singing, the flowers blooming and the sun shining gets me all excited...and I’m not alone! The boys have officially discarded their socks and tennis shoes for flip flops or bare feet and even spend more time outside playing than in here watching TV...and those are all sure signs that they’re equally as excited as I am!

Spring is a time for new life and fresh starts and it makes you want to just be outside and enjoy something new...I think they call it spring fever! Invariably it makes me want to have something new of my own to go along with the idea of new things…and this year it’s actually going to happen! My kitchen that has now been undergoing a major overhaul for well over a month and a half, is only days away from being complete...and I can’t wait!

Yesterday was the big day for the cabinet company to start installing my cabinets, and then right when they were scheduled to show up, they called to tell me that they weren’t going to come after all because my cabinets weren’t ready. When I heard that, I didn’t know whether to be mad and throw a fit...or cry! The crying won out! I’ve been waiting for so long and our lives have been disrupted and on hold for what feels like an eternity so when I heard that, I just couldn’t help but break down! Apparently our wood had been on back order and the cabinets just weren’t ready!

The kitchen without cabinets, but with new hardwood

Hayden is showing off our new hardwood...isn't it beautiful?

The newly painted green wall in my family room

As I began to inquire more, I soon found out that it only meant that they’d be delayed by a day, which wasn’t quite so bad, but I was still bummed. I did manage to convince them, however, that they HAD to come and install the cabinet above where the washer and dryer were going because Rod was going to bring my new washer and dryer home tonight...and I already had clothes stacked to the ceiling after not being able to do laundry for almost 3 weeks now! They told me that they would make sure that they got that cabinet made today so that they could do that. (What? They hadn’t even made my cabinets yet? That didn’t make me happy but I tried to remain calm.) I also told them that they HAD to install the mantel for our fireplace because the fireplace guys were coming today to start on the fireplace...and they told me that wouldn’t be a problem because the mantel had actually been just sitting around waiting to be installed anyway. Well it might not have been exactly what I expected to happen yesterday, but it was a good start.

My new laundry cabinet...and did I mention I got a new washer and dryer too?

My new mantel

I wasn’t the only one that felt like they needed something new, Rod must have gotten the “fever” too, because last week, he decided that he needed a “new” tractor (I use the word “new” in relative terms because in tractor terms, “new” could mean 45 years old or older!). Rod didn’t really just decide last week that he needed a tractor though, he has really been on the lookout for his dream tractor for years now and he finally found it and even though he probably wouldn’t classify this tractor as the exact “dream” that he’s had, it’s pretty danged close...and it’s beautiful! He has been watching the classified ads everyday for forever and it finally paid off! The guy who was selling the tractor had been restoring it as one of his winter projects and when Rod saw it, he knew it was the “one”. Rod never buys anything without at least attempting to negotiate a better deal, but when he did that with the tractor, the guy wasn’t budging off of his price. Rod almost passed it up too, and it was only over a few hundred dollars! When I heard that, I knew he would regret it if he didn’t go and get it...so I encouraged him to just give in and that’s all he needed! The next thing I knew, we were the proud owners of a brand new 1964 Massey Ferguson tractor! The boys were thrilled!

Rod with his new "toy"

"Dragging" Rocks with Connor

Whatever Connor does, Hayden has to do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment